‘Pickup Trucks’, the name itself is enough to guess most of its features. These are Light Duty vehicles which can be used both for personal as well as commercial purposes. These trucks are used in urban, suburban, and rural parts in all over the world and India as well. In India these are used in specific regions where the need for transport is not very high and the cost of transport must be kept within an affordable range.
The first pickup truck being developed in the beginning of twentieth century has come a long way through history and time to become one of the most popular vehicles in western countries. At that time vehicles used to be sold as chassis and the body would be made by the owner according to individual need and want. Sir Henry Ford was the first person to commercialise the vehicle in 1925, who himself has been a part of the industrial revolution.
With the starting of new era of globalisation of technology the pickup trucks became popular all over the world and even in India due to its versatile design and modifiable features. According to our need we can get a single cab or double cab. If it is for personal use double cab is more preferable due to its greater seat capacity and if for commercial use single cab is more preferable due to its larger load carrying area. The diverse price ranges of the vehicles also make is more popular due to the variation of economy in India as a developing country.
Though, in case of India the sale and use of these trucks has not been exceptionally well in the past but in recent times they are gaining popularity among the masses especially as a commercial load carrier (TATA ace). Some are even redesigned to make passenger carrying vehicles (TATA magic).
Tata and Mahindra being the leading pickup trucks manufacturer in India has a lot of varieties, in different ranges of prices as well as designs and luxury elements, from which we can choose and select the one best suited for our wants. There are other manufacturers as well, for example Honda, Chevrolet, Toyota and many more- most of which are multinational companies. The sales statistics of these companies distinctly display the popularity of the pickup trucks all over the world but if one needs a family vehicle or a high luxury vehicle, pickup truck is not a worthy choice for him/her as due to the high load carrying capacity the suspension is a bit stiffer in these trucks and hence with low load there will be a lot of jerking.
Pickup trucks can be used both for personal and commercial use. The ones meant for personal use are much more than the name suggests. In case of small business owners who do not need a large truck for transportation of their materials can easily go for a pickup truck which can be even used for family picnics and road trips when not in use for business purposes. These trucks are mostly meant for personal use of those people who are a little bit adventurous and like thrills.
Some of the most popular personal use PickUp Trucks in India are:-
- TATA Xenon Yodha: With an extravagant load capacity of 1500kgs and a highly powerful engine of 2560cc, it offers quite a good mileage of 14 kmpl with a maximum speed of 80 km/hr. with a high ground clearance as well.
- Mahindra Bolero Camper: With a large seat capacity of around six people it has one of the best mileages among others of 13 kmpl with a very high pickup.
- Isuzu D-Max: With a high torque and high power engine it also has a great mileage of 14.1 and has both the options of single and double cab. This truck also has a very high pickup.
- Mahindra Imperio: With a high load capacity of 1240kg and a high mileage of 13.55 kmpl, it also comes in both single and double cab configurations and empowers us to choose according to our priority.
- Mahindra Scorpio Getaway: One of the best feature of this truck is its looks which makes it a choice for personal use very often. It has a 5-speed gearbox which transmits power to the front wheels and has an economical engine of 2.6 liter.
The trucks those are used for commercial use must fulfil high load capacity and greater carrier area criteria.
Some of the most popular commercial use PickUp Trucks in India are:-
- TATA ace: Most commonly known a ‘Chota Hati’, these vehicles have a design as such of a heavy duty vehicle with a very high mileage of 21.5 kmpl and also a very high payload of 1550kg which makes it very much suitable for the purpose of its use.
- Mahindra Bolero Maxi Truck: It has an extra-large cargo-deck compared to other pickup trucks. It also has a very powerful Diesel engine of 2.5 liters and is also provided with a power steering which makes it very easy to control.
- Mahindra Bolero Pickup: It is very much compatible with the rough use of a commercial vehicle and can also be customized by the buyer into a van or a loader or even a tanker.
- Mahindra Supro Mini Truck: With a classic mileage of 23.17 kmpl and a medium payload capacity compared to others, of 850kg, it also possesses a longer cargo enabling it to carry items with little larger dimensions.
- Mahindra Jeeto Mini Truck: This is also a low duty vehicle with a medium payload of 700kgs. As the name suggests victory, these trucks come in a lot of ranges of prices and contains a spacious cabin as well which looks after the comfort of the driver as well.
The best PickUp Truck is the one that satisfies all the wants of the customer and to make such a vehicle customization should be given much more importance so that everyone can have what they want. Head on over to BabaTrucks if you want a great pickup truck to add to your assets. A one stop shop for all your commercial vehicle needs, BabaTrucks has emerged as a key commercial vehicle champion in the market. Browse through a comprehensive list of pickup trucks on BabaTrucks, and be assured of receiving a great selection and quality service.