Car tinting involves the installation of a thin sheet of film on your car windows. This film comes in the range of between 0.001 to 0.004 inches in thickness. In addition, they are available in different level of darkness based on your needs. However, it is advisable to observe regulations in your area before installing tints in your car. This is because; car tint can create hazards especially at night since the driver is not able to see outside clearly.
Types of car tinting
This is a popular method of tinting car windows where a thin film is attached to the inside surface of car windows. Many professionals say that this type of tinting adds to safety because it prevents car windows from shuttering in an event of accident. You will find film tinting in different forms like flat, metallic and mirrored tinting.
OEM tinted glass
In this type of tinting, the tint is applied to the glass during manufacture. However, manufacturers stick to light tint when preparing car windows.
Coated tinting involves the use of a unique spray is sprayed on window surfaces. However, it is important to note that this method of tinting windows is best done by a professional. This is because the procedure requires a high level of expertise.
There are many benefits for having tint on your car. For many years now, people have discovered that car tint not only improves the way they drive cars but also, enhances their comfort and privacy. Below, we look at the benefits of car tinting and how it can improve the experience for drivers.
- Eases driving. When you are driving either in the morning or evening when the sun faces in your direction, you will find a lot of discomfort. This is because the sun will blind you thereby making driving dangerous.
- Privacy. Tinting a car provides a lot of privacy to both the car owner and his personal items in the car. When you are away from the car, other people are not able to see the items and this reduces chance of theft. As a result, you will not need to keep the valuables in the trunk out of fear that they will be stolen.
- Blocks harmful UV rays. Sunlight contains some harmful UV rays that can destroy the upholstery in your car. If you constantly leave your car under sunlight for extended periods of time, you may find that the heat generated by direct sunlight warp, crack, dry and even fade different materials on the interior of the car. Luckily, the tint keeps excess heat and harmful UV rays away from the interior.
- Reducing heat. Car tinting can help cut down on heat inside a car during summer. This can help keep things cool thereby providing comfort for passengers.
- Keeping you healthy. Harmful UV rays have been known to cause skin cancer. However, the tint can help keep passengers healthy by blocking these rays from reaching the inside of a car.
Car tints provide many benefits to car owners. Besides offering privacy and security, the tint preserves the interior of a car. The good thing is that, they are easy and cheap to install.